With women becoming increasingly confused about the point of difference offered by each brand or product, Edelman were tasked with building NIVEA’s credibility as a skincare expert amongst this crowded category through the launch of its latest skincare innovation:
NIVEA Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Replenishing Pearls.
The anti-ageing beauty category is an oversaturated world filled with claims that all promise to deliver the same thing:
make women look younger.
When determining how we could best build brand credibility and believability around the new product launch, we simply looked to NIVEA’s heritage in innovation. Building on its 100+ year foundation of creating skin care breakthroughs, NIVEA had yet again brought another first to the table: NIVEA Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Replenishing Pearls. This captured the highest concentration of concentrated Coenzyme Q10, by encasing it in pearl technology, to deliver freshly activated anti-wrinkle power with every application.From this came our strategic and creative platform:
“NIVEA: A Brand of Firsts”.
Our strategic and creative platform then set the premise for all of our tactical executions. This involved a launch event for Australia and New Zealand’s top-tier beauty and social media influencers.
Here, guests experienced a world of firsts and were educated on the NIVEA brand heritage and product efficacy through:
- An in-house, custom created piece of video content and gallery exhibition that showcased the series of NIVEA firsts and skincare breakthroughs since the brand began operating in 1911
- The opportunity to experience the pearl journey in 360 degrees through Oculus Rift technology and Samsung VR headsets
Over 45 top-tier beauty and lifestyle influencers attended the launch event.
Results over a period of two months include:
• 50+ pieces of media coverage with 100% positive sentiment
• Coverage was featured in Marie Claire, Australian Women’s Weekly, body+soul, Studio 10, Popsugar, Beauty Heaven and BeautyCrew
• Over 8,000,000+ impressions
This website requires Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer 9+